Works Manager - Steelwork/ Fabrication
30,000 - 34,000
Hunter Mason Consulting Ltd
Hunter Mason's client was founded in 1987 they have grown from strength and are now looking for an experienced Works Manager to join their growing team. The client specialise in the Design, Supply, Manufacture & Installation of Structural & Secondary Steelwork. The role is based on a 44-hour week. The office staff work from 8.00- 5.30 Monday to Thursday and 8.00- 4.30 on a Friday however, as the men you will be supervising could be starting from 7.00 in the morning these hours could be used working from this time as opposed to 8.00 and finishing an hour earlier. You will be issued a set of keys for opening up the workshop in the morning and locking up at the end of the day. Weekend working may be required but the client tries to limit the need for this unless the client is paying for such, or, it is a must to achieve programme, and You would be entitled to 25 Days Holiday Plus Statutory Holidays
- Be able to distribute jobs to tradesmen in line with the Fabrication Drawings received from the Project Engineers & Planners.
- Control engineering processes and solutions within the cost, schedule, quality and manufacturability targets.
- Responsible for the management of staff in the fabrication shop and recruitment of new staff as required.
- Will have to effectively execute the policies and goals of the production department. Whilst supervising product standards and enforcing quality control systems.
- Ensure that health and safety policies are adhered to in the highest standards.
- Visual & dimensional checks of Incoming materials and throughout the fabrication/ welding process as required by BS 1090-2.
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting a visual and measurement test
- Approve in-process production by confirming required specifications
- Approve all finished products by confirming specifications and conducting required checks
- Return products for re-work if needed and complete documentation
- Document and update inspection results by completing reports and logs
- Keep measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and calling for repairs
- Maintain safe work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Coach and mentor junior employees; seek opportunities to grow leadership in others