Teaching Assistant (1:1) Crawley, West Sussex 75- 85
8:30-15:00, term-time only
As you reflect upon your personal skills and strengths, do you consider yourself as
- An enthusiastic, nurturing and motivated individual?
- Someone who enjoys working with children and is keen to build a safe and exciting learning environment for them to thrive in?
- An individual with a passion for supporting others, or has a keen interest in Special Educational Needs?
I am representing a school who are looking for a caring, compassionate and confident teaching assistant for a role to support an individual in their setting on a 1:1 basis. The role is best suited to a candidate who has previous SEN experience in order to support the child's needs and help them to flourish in the classroom and school environment, however those with care experience will also be considered.
A resilient character with experience of working in Early Years and on a 1:1 basis is desired, although training and support is given as soon as you join the team, meaning those without the relevant experience may still be considered if the school feels you could be suitable. The school prides itself on encouraging confidence, independence and promoting good self-esteem, therefore expect the candidate to support this vision and encourage these values in your teaching assistant role.
Responsibilities of your 1:1 teaching assistant role:
- Work on a 1:1 basis, supporting a student with their daily academic and personal tasks
- Liaise with the class teacher and SENCO regarding planning and support plans
- Support the child with creating boundaries and reducing challenging behaviours
- Record the child's progression and information from their day to report to relevant staff members and parents
- Work alongside the school team to support the child and promote independence
- Complete training provided by the school to ensure your knowledge and skills are relevant and up-to-date
- Support the classroom teacher to set up and deliver effective teaching sessions
Benefits in your 1:1 teaching assistant role:
- Opportunities to support a child and help them to thrive in an education setting
- ReferAFriend scheme where you could have the chance to earn 300
- Build upon your skills and experience working 1:1 in a Primary setting
- Progression possibilities to gain permanent employment
- Continued support and training opportunities
- DBS and application support from your dedicated Randstad consultant
Person Specification for the 1:1 teaching assistant role:
- Early Years experience (desirable)
- A passion for working with children and improving their attainment at school
- Experience working with Special Educational Needs in a SEN/Primary School setting
- Resilience, understanding and compassion when dealing with challenging behaviours
- Experience or knowledge of using schemes such as PECS/ Team Teach/ Makaton (desired)
- An enhanced DBS on the update service, or a willingness to pay and provide details for one to be processed
- Eligibility to work in the UK
We are keen for the right candidate to start straight away and begin their experience as part of the team. If you believe this role is right for you and you'd like to make a difference by dedicating your knowledge, expertise and time, click apply now!
For more information or to apply directly, contact: Harriet Gibson at (url removed)