Male Support Staff Required
Please only apply if you have previous experience in a support worker type role and you have a Full UK drivers license and access to a car you can use for work.This role requires you to drive.
Experienced in brain injury support is highy advantageous.
NeuroSupport services are currently recruiting Support Workers and Healthcare Assistants with a background of Brain Injury and Mental health experience to support services users with an acquired Brain Injury. Our service aims to support rehabilitation and in enabling people to optimise independence and quality of life.
We are looking for psychology graduates,support Workers and Healthcare Assistants or suitable candidates who would be willing to support people both within their home environment and also willing to provide support in helping service users access the community.
Successful candidates will be willing to help people adapt to their limitations, but also strive to reach their goals. You will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to implement behavioural, psychological, and cognitive strategies, as well as support with daily living activities. Therapy Assistants should be confident with working independently and providing empirical feedback where necessary.
Therapy Assistant/Support worker particular experience:
MALE Support worker with experience of working with adults with autism/mental health difficulties and or brain injury.
Dates and times of support to be agreed as these are not confirmed. We can be flexible with the right person.
Our client has asked for a support worker who has knowledge and experience of making music if possible. This will help with rapport building.
Prompt and encouragement for the client to engage in activities such as:
- Community activities music lessons/voluntary work
- Social/leisure activities walking/cinema
- Making music in his studio
- Household tasks ensure he keeps his home tidy and clean
- Meal preparation and shopping
- Attending appointments
- Engaging in physical therapy
- Work with MDT to implement goals and write up summary notes to record progress/barriers
£10.50-£12 per hour depending on experience.
Successful Candidates will:
- Have access to full Training - including Brain Injury Awareness Training
- CPD opportunities
- Will be subject to Full Enhanced DBS
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Gain Experience working with an MDT
Successful candidate attributes:
Abilities, Skills & Behaviours
- A genuine desire to make a positive difference to the lives of others with the ability to promote well-being through positive attitude and work practices
- The ability to work on your own initiative and be a well-integrated team member.
- Willingness to participate in continuing professional development
- Flexible and positive approach to work patterns/schedules and business needs
- Excellent punctuality, reliability and a strong desire to accomplish goals and objectives
- Caring, friendly and empathetic approach to clients with the ability to build professional relationships
- Ability to remain calm and collective in a difficult and pressurised situation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to demonstrate good organisational and time management skills
- Have basic computer skills (Word, Outlook & Excel)
- Have at least six months experience of working in a support worker role or similar, in the past three years.
- Must have a Full UK Driving License and access to your own car
- Have Experience in the field of Psychology
- Willing to become self-employed
Benefits of working for NeuroSupport Services:
Full enhanced DBS
Yearly Mandatory Training
Food/Drink shift Allowance
Partial Mileage and Travel time covered
Flexible working to meet your own requirements
We offer flexible work patterns - full time, part time, ad-hoc and a variety of shifts with our clients to suit any life style!