Top notch company has an outstanding opportunity available for a Sr. Process Engineer. The Injection Molding Process Engineer is a hands-on position that plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing equipment and processes to produce high-quality injection molded silicone products. The Process Engineer is responsible for coordinating the molding efforts on new project launches, setting-up and supporting manufacturing processes, and continuous process improvement projects. This position also mentors and/or trains injection molding process set-up technicians and factory maintenance personnel.
- Develop new processes and implement technical solutions to existing processes and implement technical solutions to existing processes designed to improve quality and overall equipment efficiency (OEE).
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to mold process technicians and other molding operations personnel.
- Develop and maintain process documentation to ensure that processes and procedures are clearly stated and understandable for all employees. Provide daily technical support solutions to manufacturing operations.
- Ability to design, start-up, operate, and shut down process related equipment.
- Must be able to work independently on new process development as well as troubleshoot current production issues.
- Work with equipment and material vendors to resolve machine and material issues.
- Monitor and report issues with injection molds, make recommendations for refurbishment based on production factors such as cycles, process capability and tooling history.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders to resolve injection molding technical issues.
- Facilitate and support plant safety, environmental, and ergonomics efforts.
- Minimum of 3-5 years practical work experience in a rubber injection molding operation with an engineering or technical degree from an ABET accredited school. Bachelor's degree in in Engineering General.
- Experience with elastomers, silicone, or TPE would be a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years practical work experience in a rubber injection molding operation without an engineering degree from an ABET accredited school.
- Diverse technical background in injection molding processing, tooling, equipment, and materials.
- CAD and tooling design experience with good MS Office software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects with limited management direction.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead others including indirect supervision of molding process technicians.