Service HVAC Accounting Manager
Obtain new and ongoing work for Murphy Service department by establishing and maintaining effective contact with existing accounts and potential buyers of maintenance and repair services.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Create positive working relationships and maintain regular contact with assigned accounts and potential clients.
2. Build partnering relationships with owners and owner's representatives responsible for making decisions regarding building maintenance and repair work.
3. Develop and execute business plans for defined targets. Include methods, contact personnel, short and long-term goals for: contract, quoted and T&M work. Ensure consistency with Murphy's overall business plan and market strategy.
4. Identify customer's operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements. Actively listen, probe and identify concerns. Clarify Murphy's capabilities and expertise, provide strategic technical solutions.
5. Position renewable service agreements as a valuable and cost-effective partnership.
6. Create competitive, high quality and timely estimates and proposals. Negotiate value, address resistance and 'close' the sale.
7. Assist with creating and making marketing presentations that showcase Murphy's resources and capabilities.
8. Seek in-house technical advice and support whenever necessary. Ensure each proposal satisfies the customer's service needs.
9. Maintain positive relations with Service Operations personnel. Thoroughly identify /clarify customer scope of service prior to starting work.
10. Act as the customers advocate when performance or billing issues arise.
11. Monitor sales activities and adjust to market changes as necessary and as directed.
12. Keep supervisor informed of progress, account status and new sales leads.
13. Review billings for accuracy and participate in resolving billing related issues.
13. Actively assist in the collections process for all assigned accounts.
14. Promote Murphy's various offerings where practical. Communicate potential opportunities to supervisor.
15. Perform additional assignments as requested /needed.
- Manage $2-5M in T&M and quoted work
- Build a routine HVAC maintenance base
This job description is intended to describe, in broad terms, general functions and responsibility levels of this position. It should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties. The company reserves the right to make changes to this description at any time.
Murphy Company offers competitive pay and an excellent benefit package, including health and life insurance, 401k and profit sharing.