Forbes List of America s Best Employers 2022
Move forward with us! At NJ TRANSIT, you'll be joining us in transforming the third-largest transportation agency in North America. We are committed to delivering safe, reliable service that gets our customers to their destinations on time-and we're looking to hire talented folks with a love of learning to make it all possible.
Responsible for facilitating all facets of NJ TRANSIT's statewide complementary paratransit eligibility process for Access Link eligibility.
- Roles and Responsibilities Conceptualizes, develops, codes, maintains and applies computerized transportation network models. Evaluates transit access and transfer opportunities, transit fare systems, transit operating characteristics and parking prices in the regional transportation network. Prepares transportation forecasts by mode, parking demand, travel time impacts and cost/benefit calculations for transportation corridor studies.
- Develops and maintains computerized database systems, and writes computer programs, using mathematical and statistical software, to track, analyze and report travel patterns and socio-economic trends surrounding transportation corridors.
- Conducts transportation, land use, economic, demographic and employment research for major transportation corridors. Collects and compiles primary and secondary data, including origin/destination patterns, mode of travel, operating characteristics of transit services, survey data and socio-economic data. Analyzes and presents findings.
- Assumes direct contact and oversight of consultant modeling work program. Interfaces on policy and technical levels. Assumes liaison with NJDOT, Port Authority, MTA, NYMTC and other regional agencies on modeling and research projects.
- Education, Experience and Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in Planning, Business Administration, Economics or related major,
- Three (3) years of experience in transportation planning, market research and analysis, using available data, such as census and survey data to analyze travel patterns and characteristics.
- Experience using transportation network models and mathematical and statistical computer programs in transportation research required.
- Master's degree in Planning or Economics may substitute for two (2) years of experience.
- At NJ Transit you will enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefit package: Comprehensive Family Health Insurance - Prescription, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- 401(a), 401(k) Retirement Plans - up to 9% employer contribution
- Tuition Assistance
- Qualified Transportation Expense Plan (QTE)
At NJ TRANSIT we support and depend upon the diversity of our staff. NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.