Senior Automation Technician
Guardian is a Turnkey Automation Solutions Partner for Space, Manufacturing, Material Handling, and Agriculture. We plan, design, build, test, install, commission, maintain, and improve control systems that send rockets into space, increase high-speed manufacturing throughput, and bring fire-breathing dragons to life!
Our track record of delivering large and small turnkey projects and follow-on service with Safety, Quality, and Efficiency in demanding environments since 1993 has earned long-term relationships with leading companies and government agencies in our markets. Guardian Manufacturing is ISO 9001:2015 certified with an in-house UL508A Industrial Control Panel manufacturing facility.
Our Core Values are the guiding principles we have to Make A Difference' with our stakeholders, employees and community. These values are a must have for all GMI employees.
Guardian Manufacturing CORE Values:
- Humbly Confident
- Innovates and Adapts
- Gets it done with Excellence.
If you possess these core values, this position will allow a motivated Senior Automation Technician to excel at Guardian Manufacturing.
Understand what various electrical components are and what their function is.
Independently perform fabrication, modification, assembly, wiring, repair, brush applied/spray can conformal coating of P.C. boards and refurbishment of printed circuit cards, panels, chassis and all types of electronic assemblies and subassemblies.
Work from blueprints, procedures, wiring diagrams, schematics, sketches and other written, electronic, or verbal instructions.
Recommend changes to blueprints, wiring diagrams and assembly procedures to correct discrepancies revealed during assembly operations.
Perform continuity checks of fabricated, refurbished, repaired, and modified electronic equipment and assemblies.
Maintain cleanliness of tools, equipment and assigned work areas.
Obtain measurements, field dimensions and other related information necessary to complete job assignment.
Maintain logs, records, charts, etc., as required.
*Provide direct customer support
*Leadership of Team
*Troubleshoot / Repair Automation Systems
*Provide Technical Support to Engineering
Perform any work assigned to the employees in this classification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have US Citizenship
- HS Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of (5) five years related experience.
- Requires rounded training and experience acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Must have working knowledge of compressors, electrical breakers, transformers, pumps, motors, switchboards, controllers, conduit systems, electrical receptacles, wires, switches, and fixtures.
- Knowledge of hand tools, power tools, lifts, and precision measuring and testing equipment is required.
- Must work well in a team environment and interface well with the client.
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to distinguish between colors (ex: blue and green wires)
- Ability to comply with safety policies and compliances.
- Ability to use limbs with 90% range.
- Must use safety protective equipment where required.
- Legal ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to climb ladders, towers, and stairs.
- May require physical exertion in climbing, lifting, squatting, crawling, carrying, or critical work in cramped quarters.
All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with Company safety standards.
Work will mainly be performed in an inside environment, but fieldwork can be a combination of inside and outside depending on the project.
Working at heights is required and in confined spaces may be required.
Equipment and Machines
- Use electrical, electronic, and mechanical test equipment, instruments, standard measuring devices and shop tools such as meters, scopes, generators, counters, ovens, vacuum chambers, etc.
- Use various types of equipment necessary for performance of duties, such as soldering/de-soldering stations, crimp tools, strippers, roll tinning machine, wire wrap machine, drilling machines and other related devices and hand tools.
- Operate vehicles and other types of equipment required for completion of assigned tasks.
- Operate computer terminals, personal computers, and related computer peripheral equipment to maintain/adjust database logs and records, print documents and record work performance.
The ideal candidate for these positions is an alert, punctual, organized and results-driven team player with a willingness to learn and a desire to achieve. Prior experience in a production environment is a MUST!
We offer the following benefits: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, FSA Account, and matching 401k.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $36.00 per hour
Pay will depend on skills and/or qualifications.
Travel will be required up to 25% of the time.