Duties & Responsibilities / Requirements
Under the Supervision of the Safety Manager the Safety Specialist will assist with monitoring the MODLOGIQ Health and Safety Program, including inspections, accident investigations, and safety training.
- Participate in the development and implementation of MODLOGIQ safety programs.
- Advise MODLOGIQ and Subcontractor employees regarding safety protocols and procedures to ensure their safety, as well as regulatory compliance as mandated by local, state, and federal agencies, including the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Perform hazard analysis and recommend mitigation procedures to the MODLOGIQ Safety Manager.
- Conducts routine and follow-up environmental health, safety, and hazard inspections of MODLOGIQ projects.
- Analysis accident and incident reports for trends; makes recommendations for correcting unsafe conditions and actions.
- Performs Miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree; at least 2 years of experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Skill in performing safety inspections ensuring compliance with OSHA safety standards.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to develop, implement, and enforce safety programs and protocols.
- Skill in performing safety inspections and ensuring compliance with OSHA safety standards.
- Skill in developing safety procedures and protocols.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Proficient in reading, speaking, and understanding verbal and written English. Second language is a plus.
- US citizen with valid driver's license and capable of overnight travel to destinations within the USA and abroad.
Standard hours are between 7AM and 3:30 PM, Mon-Fri
Conditions of Employment:
A successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination.
The candidate should be prepared to be directly involved with MODLOGIQ staff, both in the office and in the plant.
MODLOGIQ is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE) and a Drug-Free Workplace.