Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor? Are you ready for your next exciting challenge to work at one of the largest consultancy firms? Keen to work for a like-minded, professional and supportive company? Then get in touch
A confident and ambitious Quantity Surveyor is required to join a highly successful team in Cambridge. With experience in the corporate real estate, building and residential sectors you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse and exciting range of projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to make an impact working in a growing, dynamic and sociable team. You will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, range of development and experience opportunities with the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
Responsibilities of a Successful Quantity Surveyor
- Provide a full range of Quantity Surveying duties from project inception through to completion, working both as part of a team and individually
- Prepare cost plans, estimates, bills of quantities, tender documents
- Provide post contract Quantity Surveying services
- Prepare data and reports to timescales in a format required by line management and clients
- Work collaboratively with other service teams to provide an integrated approach to client delivery
- Develop client relationships and provide an outstanding level of service delivery on a project basis, in conjunction with senior management
Requirements of a Successful Quantity Surveyor
- A high level of behavioural and interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively both internally and with Clients
- Ability to work well as part of a team, but also confidence and determination to deliver excellence in market-facing roles with clients
- Experience working for a professional quantity surveying/cost management consultancy business, with a demonstrable track record of delivering a high-quality service
- Qualified with a BSc (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying
- Ideally a chartered member of the RICS, or working towards final APC sitting in the next 12 months
- Experience within at least one of the following sectors: Food retail, Corporate real estate, Office fit-out, Residential - housing, student accommodation, PRS
- Working knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of contract
- A broad contact and knowledge base with sector and/or local markets
- Able to demonstrate a track record of supporting of the generation of repeat business.
- Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs coupled with a competent knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
- IT skills, such as MS office, excel, outlook, BIM / CAD measure, cost planning software CostX/CATO
- Good organisational skills