The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the completion and delivery of complex projects in a manufacturing environment. The position requires extremely close collaboration with both internal and external staff, suppliers, and customers. The Project Manager will have the responsibility of on-time fulfillment of engineering projects, customer orders and will have direct relationships with customers, suppliers, foundries, production/operations, customer service, and sales. Clear and timely communication throughout delivery of the project while managing milestones is critical.
A comprehensive understanding of project management is essential. The Project Manager will be responsible for creating project schedules, managing milestones, placing orders for parts, tracking shipments, managing bills of materials, coordinating schedules with operations, and is responsible for all deliverables for a project.
The candidate must demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and team skills, as well as strong communication skills and the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing business requirements.
Some travel will be necessary to other Strato facilities, suppliers, foundries, and customer locations.
This position reports directly to the Site Director.
- Create and manage all aspects of high profile/complex project plans.
- Communicate with the customer and resolve project issues promptly.
- Read through all customer technical specifications to understand defined requirements.
- Management of customer drawings and technical documents.
- Coordinate with vendors, customers and production on pricing, order management, and schedules ensuring the customer due dates are met.
- Proactively manage customer expectations.
- Manage RFQs to vendors and foundries to meet requirements and profitability.
- Proactively adjust methods to deliver the project on time and within budget.
- Coordinate with Strato Customer Service dept for order entry and schedule updates.
- Align internal and external resources to eliminate manufacturing issues at the selected suppliers.
- Promote the use of data driven root cause and corrective action tool usage to support the production of cold start parts.
- Accountability and ownership of the assigned projects to determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for team members required for individual projects or initiatives.
- Develop and implement detailed Project Plans, Test Plans, Resource Plans, and project documentation as specifically required for each project.
- Apply project management skills and techniques, such as team leading, risk management, multi-tasking, and financial awareness to deliver high quality projects.
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all team members are actively working toward contractual milestones.
- Maintain project documentation in accordance with standard work.
- Hold and participate in regular business stakeholder meetings and update on project status to both internal management and customers.
- Identify critical issues or gaps in the service offering that could impede the continued success/growth and implement plans to fix them.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships. Build cooperation and trust in teams.
- Initiative: Direct initiatives and accountable to act on opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years' experience in administration and/or project management related work.
- Strong analytical and project management skills are required.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to think, act and lead a business in a strategic way.
- The ability to effectively communicate.
- The ability to motivate others who may be afraid of change.
- Excellent PC skills including MS Office SharePoint, Excel, Power Point and Word
- Results orientated with proven ability to drive the business.
- Demonstrated budget management capabilities as this position will lead through full budget and expense responsibilities for high level projects.
- Good presentation skills and the ability to report on relevant business information.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Highly customer focused.
- Ability to drive cohesion and collaboration among many different people and functions.
- Ability to adapt to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances.
- Detail oriented.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off.
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- On-site training
Work Location: On Site - Fort Worth, TX.
About Strato, Inc.:
Strato has grown over 55 years evolving into a dynamic, innovative and customer service driven company that is a leader in the railroad and passenger transit industry. We develop, engineer and manufacture quality railcar products and currently employ over 130 people at our facilities in New Jersey, New York, China, Texas, India, Mexico, etc. It is our philosophy of Exceed the Need and continual improvement that drives us to seek new opportunities in products and services, as well as our growth commitment to our employees and community.