Primary Supply Teacher
Horhsam, West Sussex
125- 135 per day
Term-time only part-time opportunity Qualified Teacher
Are you a qualified primary school teacher with a passion for helping children reach their dreams?
Do you enjoy working with a range of age groups and abilities and want to extend your teaching experience?
Are you ready to approach the next step of your career where you can prioritise flexibility?
As a primary supply teacher, you will find yourself supporting learners in a range of environments and for differing lengths of time. No matter the length of time that you are in a classroom, the impact of your presence will be felt by pupils as they can continue their learning with the guidance of a caring, supportive and attentive teacher. Your role will allow you to focus on the most important aspect of being a primary teacher: teaching! Following the planning and learning intentions provided by the class teacher, you can immerse yourself into the role of the class teacher and guide pupils through interesting and invigorating lessons. You will be the facilitator to help them to unlock exciting learning opportunities and you will be provided with a sense of achievement and reward as you watch young learners flourish.
Responsibilities of your primary supply teaching role:
- Following planning provided by the teacher/school
- Recording pupil progress and lesson development
- Marking work completed during the day
- Working professionally with the wider school team
Benefits to your primary supply teaching role:
- Competitive rate, paid weekly
- Flexible working pattern- you choose when you want to work
- Pick the year groups you want to work with
- No planning required - leave work with the sense of being 'finished for the day'
- Free Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- ReferAFriend scheme where you could have the chance to earn 300
- DBS and school application support
- A dedicated Randstad consultant to guide you through the process of starting work
Requirements of your primary supply teaching role- Essential
- Relevant teaching qualifications (PGCE, QTS etc.)
- Knowledge teaching curriculums (EYFS, KS1, KS2)
- Good communication skills
- Grade C or above (or relevant equivalent) in GCSE English and Maths
- 2 references from the last 5 years (1 must be a full child-based safeguarding reference)
- Job history that covers the last 10 years
- An in-date Enhanced DBS on the update service
- Experience teaching in a UK primary school
Interviews take place soon so we would love to hear from you if you believe this role is the right fit for you, click apply now to begin your journey! For more information or to apply directly, contact: Harriet Gibson at (url removed)