Due to the nature of this role and the organisation's clients, you will need to be able to obtain SC clearance, and will have to have lived in the UK for the last 5 years Minimum.
Your new company
Hays Technology are currently recruiting for experienced and knowledgeable Senior Network Security Engineers for a large organisation. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your network security career with one of the UK's leading telecommunication organisations.
Salaries are negotiable and applications will be considered for candidates with a willingness to get certified whilst working. Time is provided for on-the-job study and certifications are paid for by the client.
Your new role
• Joining the existing Network Security team to work in tandem with the SOC
• Looking for exposure to vulnerabilities, actively working on client Firewalls, completing upgrades, IPS/IDS, Log reviews, general BAU e.g., VPN creation
• Facing a variety of clients and helping set up, maintain, and secure their networks
• Dealing appropriately with major incidents
• Making sure appropriate steps are in place and followed for the remediation of vulnerabilities
• Performing safe upgrades and patches where required
• Providing accurate and informed security insights internally and with the organisation's customers
• Making sure levels of incident response are appropriate
What you'll need to succeed
• A good background in Network Security
• Experience setting up, maintaining, and upgrading firewalls
• Recent experience dealing with major incidents with networks and firewalls
• In depth experience of the following: Fortinet, Cisco ASA/Firepower, or Palo Alto is crucial
• Experience within a large scale, complex organisation is necessary - managed service/consultancy/B2B prior experience would be highly beneficial too
• Top end salaries for this role will require some industry certifications (e.g. Fortinet NSE 4/ NSE 5, Checkpoint CCSA/CCSE, Palo Alto PCNSE/PCNSA, Cisco CCNA/CCNP) and in depth experience of the above.
• Eligibility to get SC clearance
What you'll get in return
In addition to a competitive salary of between £65,000 - £71,000 depending on relevant industry experience and live certifications, you can look forward to the following benefits and more:
• 10% on target bonus - can be paid up to 15% based on performance
• 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• Generous Pension Scheme
• Flexible working arrangements
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me on (phone number removed).
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
I am a Recruitment Consultant for Hays Technology, specialising in Cyber Security for Northern Ireland, helping tech professionals develop their careers and ensuring organisations are supported by the top talent. My passion for this space stems from my own interest in the Cyber Space, paired with my strong Client relationship building and drive to find candidates their dream roles.