You have the chance to join a specialist manufacturer that are in need of a Maintenance Engineer to be based from their busy manufacturing site in the Herefordshire area. You will be working cross-functionally on both mechanical & electrical equipment, on reactive & preventative maintenance.
This business have an excellent market reputation & are a well known brand. They are looking for a Maintenance Engineer to be part of an established team & working on both mechanical & electrical equipment in a fast-paced environment.
As the Maintenance Engineer you will be supporting the implementation of reactive & preventative maintenance across site. As well as:
- Follow defined safe systems of work
- Maintain and service all line equipment to agreed schedules to ensure optimum performance of the line.
- Act as first line response in the event of machinery breakdowns to provide initial downtime assessment and refer to escalation procedure
- Further develop and enhance the site maintenance management systems through planned preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Document and record maintenance activities within the CMMs system and make recommendations on performance improvement.
- Conduct both cross shift and management reporting on maintenance activities
- Complete all mandatory compliance maintenance on time and escalate any issues that cannot be repaired.
- Maximise machine availability and performance by minimising all losses
- Support Operators in resolution of line issues.
- Flexibility required to support other functions / team members when deemed necessary
- Escalate any issues that might compromise Product Safety and Product Quality.
- Ensure that spare parts are managed for planned and preventative maintenance through critically assessments.
Core working days Monday - Wednesday - 12 Hour Shifts - Rotating Days & Nights
15% Shift Allowance for Night Shift built up over the year
Annualised Hours (Made up through the year - 4th day required occasionally)
A Multi-skilled Engineer, with experience within any manufacturing environment. The successful applicant will have:
- A recognised Engineering qualification (Mechanical, Electrical or Multi-Skilled)
- A flexible approach to work
- Prioritise work and communicate with the team at all levels within the business and externally as required
- Ability to be able to take instruction and work independently on assignments as required
- Proactive, forward thinking style, able to positively challenge ways of working
34,000 - 37,750
15% Shift Allowance on Night Shift
Great company benefits that include:
25 days holiday (Option to buy more)
Private Medical Cover (Optional)
Annual Bonus (Performance Based)