DAP is searching for a Project Manager to join our Marketing Team and help grow the DAP brand! In this integral and visible role, you'll connect cross-functional teams to deliver product innovation to the construction market consistently on time and on budget. The responsibilities of this position include:
- Determine and define project scope and objectives with Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Research & Development key stakeholders.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner with regular report outs and KPI tracking.
- Prepare capital, expense, and incremental SG&A budgets based on scope of work and resource requirements.
- Track project costs to meet budget and target profitability.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and coordinate communications between cross-functional team members.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to leadership teams and critical stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, risks and progress.
- Support sourcing and operations teams on licensing and contract development and execution with suppliers along with assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution. Take a leadership position on developing DAP Project Management processes and tools.
- Monitor progress and adjust as needed.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field
- 5-8 years of project management and related experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Create New & Different: Ability to recognize the next great breakthrough. Is creative, a visionary, and can create and bring exciting ideas to market.
- Technical Understanding & Business Acumen: Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills to perform the job at a high level. Understands various types of business propositions and how the business operates. Learn new methods and technologies easily.
- Learning Agility: Learns quickly when facing new problems. Is a relentless and versatile learner and is open to change. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and can quickly discern the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly and can anticipate future consequences and trends. Is future orientated and offers broad knowledge and perspective, can scenario plan possibilities and outcomes.
- Innovation Leadership: Provide the necessary critical thinking to determine the necessary approaches to get things done. Offers good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; can facilitate effective brainstorming, can project how potential ideas can play out in the marketplace.
- Action Orientated: Enjoys working hard and is full of energy, steadfastly pushes self and others for results. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully and is consistently a top performer.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted, is seen as direct, truthful and can make a case in an appropriate and helpful manner.
DAP is a market leading manufacturer, innovator and marketer of home repair and construction products including caulks, sealants, spray foam insulation, adhesives, and patch and repair products. DAP is part of RPM International Inc., a $6.1 billion, multinational company with subsidiaries that are world leaders in specialty coatings, sealants, building materials and related services.
You will find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders, and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware, pro contractor channels and paint stores. DAP's eight manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world.
At DAP, we hire the best people and give them a collaborative and rewarding work environment that empowers them to succeed! We support associates in continuous professional growth and collaborate on the steps it takes to get to the next level in their careers. Our associates enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) with company match, pension, paid parental leave, competitive health insurance rates, employee stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, free wellness programs and more! Learn more about DAP's history, culture and benefits at
- DAP - On the job since 1865.