Manual Machinist (Predominantly Milling) required to work for manufacturing company based in the Bedfordshire area.
- The main purpose of the role is to produce machined items of tooling, utilising various metal
- machining centres, whilst operating independently.
- The successful candidate will have to have an excellent understanding of the operation of mills
- and lathes, with good understanding of speeds, feeds, tooling, work holding etc.
- This role would be suitable for candidates who can confidently demonstrate strong machining
- Set and operate machines in line with agreed production times and drawing specifications
- Selecting and loading suitable cutting tools to optimise time and cost
- Produce quality components in line with our specifications and tolerances
- Supervise machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to
- produce better results
- Inspect and measure components using appropriate measuring devices, to correct
- Producing parts within an acceptable timescale, as agreed with the line manager
- Conversant reading engineering drawings
- Have the ability to resolve any problems identified
- Be flexible with respect to daily tasks and responsibilities
- Have an awareness and responsibility towards health and safety and work in a manner that
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ideally be time served / completed apprenticeship as a miller and/or turner
- Previous experience of working in a machine shop environment
- Strong attention to detail
- An ability to read and interpret 2D drawings
- An ability to work with other disciplines in workshop
- The development of new skills both in and outside of your core discipline
- Good communicational (oral, reading and writing) skills.
- An ability to analyse/problem-solve, as issues arise
Proactive Global is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.