This position is responsible for leadership of the maintenance team as they maximize reliability of designated plant equipment while ensuring employee safety and product quality. Directly supervises Planners, Storeroom Coordinator, Mechanics and Electricians in the installation, maintenance, repair and/or replacement of plant equipment, buildings, machinery, etc. Will be a leader of Professional Maintenance oriented improvement projects in area of responsibility involving the incorporation of World Class Manufacturing techniques and principles into all maintenance systems.
- Accountable for safe maintenance activities. Will promote, teach, and improve safety systems and procedures to employees and contractors such as LOTO, permits to work, safety audits etc.
- Identifies and executes development for the maintenance team in both technical and soft skills.
- Progressively improves the Professional Maintenance status of all equipment on a prioritized basis using WCM techniques and practices.
- Ensures the sustainability of completed improvements by the maintenance team.
- Oversees timely completion of breakdown root cause analysis and countermeasure implementation (EWO).
- Works with maintenance lead personnel and the maintenance planner to ensure correct prioritization and timely completion of all work orders and sets out work on a weekly or day to day basis.
- Works with planners and stores room coordinator to ensure spares holding is optimized and coherent with the Professional Maintenance equipment requirements
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, utilize and manage outside contractors as necessary.
- Maintain, use and train CMMS system.
- Support and spread the use of WCM tools within the department.
- Co-ordinate maintenance activities with other departments to minimize plant downtime and maximize safety.
- Work with area performance teams for more complicated maintenance and/or process improvements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering, or five (5) years of equivalent training and experience.
- 5+ years of maintenance experience in an Industrial Environment including 2 years of direct supervision experience
- Strong people development, teaming and collaborative decision-making skills required.
- Requires proficient typing skills and to be comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook/e-mail. Must be able to learn and effectively use local business systems and CMMS systems.
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing and varying work requirements
- Experience with 5s, reliability centered maintenance techniques and lean manufacturing
- Responsibility for the maintenance budget
- Directly supervises maintenance employees consisting of Planners, Storeroom Coordinator, Mechanics and Electricians. Approves timesheets, holiday requests and conducts Company disciplinary procedures when required
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world's largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle