M&E Quantity Surveyor
40,000 - 50,000
Main contractor specialising in refurbishments and fit-out
A leading constructioncompany based in Chesterfield is currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated M&E Quantity Surveyor to join their dynamic team. With a strong track record of delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to various projects, this company's commitment to excellence and client satisfaction sets them apart in the industry.
The M&E Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for managing the financial aspects of mechanical and electrical engineering projects from inception to completion. Their expertise and attention to detail will play a crucial role in the success of projects, ensuring they are completed within budget and to the highest quality standards.
- Prepare and manage cost estimates, budgets, and cash flow projections for M&E engineering projects.
- Analyze tender documents, review contract terms, and liaise with stakeholders to ensure a comprehensive understanding of project requirements.
- Conduct cost control, valuations, and progress reports throughout project duration.
- Identify potential risks and provide recommendations for risk mitigation.
- Collaborate closely with project managers and engineering teams to ensure financial alignment and smooth project execution.
- Assess and negotiate variations, change orders, and claims in a fair and transparent manner.
- Utilize industry knowledge and market trends to optimize cost efficiency and sourcing strategies.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to all financial aspects of projects.
- Support the development and implementation of cost management procedures and best practices.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as an M&E Quantity Surveyor in the construction industry.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering systems and associated costs.
- Proficient in cost estimating, project budgeting, and financial analysis.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy in managing financial data.
- Familiarity with relevant software such as AutoCAD, BIM, and MS Office Suite.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Opportunity to work on exciting and challenging projects.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment