Saint Joseph Hospital is a 433-bed facility located in Lexington Kentucky. Founded in 1877 a small group of Sisters of Charity of Nazareth in Kentucky led by Sister Euphrasia Stafford began their health ministry. Their mission was to provide compassionate care to the poor and underserved a tradition still carried out today. Saint Joseph Hospital primarily serves central and eastern Kentucky with a full range of services including distinguished awards for cardiology orthopedics and stroke care. CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees 8 hospitals specialty clinics and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations across Central and Eastern KY. CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health in 2019. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
CHI Saint Joseph Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is a 433-bed acute care hospital with national recognition for treatment in the areas of cardiology, orthopedics and stroke.
With a worldwide reputation as a medical pioneer, our nurses play a vital role in raising the bar for treatment, education and research. As the heart and soul of the hospital, our nurses set the standard for excellence in patient care and quality.
Patients and their families rely on our nurses daily to assist them in the healing process, both physically and mentally. Our goal is to ensure nurses are trained and nurtured to be the best they can be in order to truly make a difference in patients lives.
CHI Saint Joseph Health provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance. We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
- Employee Referral Bonuses (for eligible referrals)
- Patience and focus to constantly monitor high acuity patients
- Proven ability to think and react quickly in critical or emergency situations
- Medication evaluation, administration, and education specific to the patients custom care plan
- Facilitate education to patients and caregivers concerning condition, treatment plan, and prevention (if appropriate)
- Actively participate in decisions affecting your practice environment for excellence in delivering quality care to patients
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing program
- Active (LPN) license cleared by the Kentucky Board of Nursing or with eNLC multi-state practice privilege
- Basic Life Support (BLS)