ABC Teachers is seeking an experienced Learning Support Assistant to work in an SEN School in Dudley full-time.
About the role:
- As a Learning Support Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the educational, social and emotional development of students.
- Working alongside a class teacher and a team of experienced support staff to support students with severe and profound learning difficulties.
- Work with students aged from four to nineteen, one to one, or in small groups.
- The role is on a full time basis with the possibility to be ongoing for the right candidate.
About the school:
- The school caters to students with special educational needs, including physical, sensory and complex needs.
- Following the embedded ethos to ensure students can succeed.
- The school is focused on creating a stimulating environment for each student.
- Easily accessible from Stourbridge, Oldbury and Halesowen.
To be considered for the Learning Support Assistant position, you will:
- Have previous experience working with children and young people with a range of special educational needs, such as learning difficulties, autism and sensory needs.
- Suitable qualifications such as Youth Work, Health and Social Care or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools are desired but not essential.
- Have strong communications skills with the ability to quickly build rapport with students
- Able to obtain suitable references and a DBS check.
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Learning Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact our SEND team on (phone number removed).
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.