Bloom Partners has been engaged by a Residential & Commercial Landscape company in the Pittsburgh, PA market to recruit and hire a customer-facing Residential Design/Sales Professional to join their landscape team.
The Design/Sales Professional will be responsible for and devoted to the design and management of all projects assigned to them. This entails meeting with new design/build landscape clients, creating budget-based landscape plans and quantity takeoffs, and seeing each full project through completion. The Landscape Designer/Sales Professional will prepare sketches, preliminary and full plans, and serve as the liaison between the client and the team.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS include:
- $65k - $85k plus commissions
- 401k plan and up to 3% match
- Flexible PTO and Holidays
- Laptop and Cell Phone
- Mileage Reimbursement
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Develop strong. client relationships and generate sales through the enhancement of landscapes for our clients.
- Meet with clients, and interpret wants and needs relative to site and budget constraints.
- Develop design solutions based on best practices and highest quality standards.
- Work with Estimating Department, Subcontractors, and Suppliers to develop project pricing.
- Presenting and selling project design and pricing to clients.
- Work with landscape crews to layout projects, and interface between the client and trades to achieve desired outcomes.
- Track all change orders and modifications through the course of construction.
- Provide after-sales support and guidance to assist clients to get the most out of their investment.
- Degree in Landscape Architecture, Horticulture, or Landscape Contracting.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the landscape design/build field.
- Exceptional client-service skills, a self-starter, and possess a sense of ownership of work and responsibilities.
- Familiarity with industry practices and terminology
- Strong use and knowledge of plant material suitable for Western PA.
- Proficiency in grading and drainage preparing grading plans, layout, material choices, construction methods, etc.
- Strong Graphics, including hand and computer-generated color renderings, details, etc.
- Computer software including AutoCAD, Sketchup, Microsoft Office/Word/Excel/Outlook, E-mail and Voicemail proficiencies, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
- Willingness to learn and work well within an existing system and team dynamic.
- Valid PA Driver's License & clean driving record
- Pass pre-employment and random drug screenings, criminal background check, and child abuse clearances.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to accommodate client schedules.
- Energetic, driven, and organized individual.
- A strong communicator, able to effectively communicate in a proactive manner. Able to listen, understand, and execute customers' needs and wishes.
- Must work within established systems including paperwork flows and documentation.