River City Floors is looking for an experienced professional Kitchen and Bath Designer who works directly with customers applying their creativity, design skills and industry knowledge to make distinct product selections and create beautiful kitchens and bathrooms. This position is for a self- starter, well organized, creative person who is eager to contribute to the growth of a unique business and provide outstanding customer service. Hours, salary and bonus potential are determined by skill level, years of experience and a valued work life balance approach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Qualifying a customer's needs and wants while presenting all K&B products
- Working directly with customers to design their dream kitchens and baths
- Utilizing 2020 Design software with several cabinet lines to layout, specify and price cabinets for customer projects
- Accurately quote, order and track all kitchen and bath products
- Conduct design consultation meetings and provide follow up and project communications
- Enter product sales in the point of sales system
- Support the Sales Associates with product and project process knowledge
- Work with project managers and contractors to ensure successful installations
- Organize and manage all the documentation of the full cycle of projects
- Maintain pricing and merchandising for the department
- Provide exceptional customer service
Qualifications and Skills
- Submission of a design portfolio demonstrating your design and 20/20 skills is required.
- A Degree in Interior Design is preferred, but not required. Industry certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years managing Kitchen and Bath projects, including working with cabinet installers
- Minimum of 3 years designing and quoting projects with 20/20 design software in multiple cabinet catalogs.
- Experience specifying and ordering plumbing fixtures for both Kitchen and Bath projects
- Experience working with Kitchen and Bath remodel and installation contractors
- Experience working directly with countertop fabricators
- Excellent time management, record keeping and project management skills
- Experience working with customer relationship management systems
- Experience specifying and ordering all products and being responsible for accurately checking all order acknowledgements and communicating shipping schedules
- Capable of maintaining updates to 20/20 and all vendor catalogs and pricing
- This position also requires proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word and experience using electronic mail. Excellent spelling, grammar, written, verbal, organizational, and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate professionally with staff, customers and vendors