O'Neil Langan Architects is seeking an intermediate-level architect with significant retail experience to work with us on exciting new retail projects. OLA is home to a talented, close-knit team that's passionate about producing excellent retail design, and we're seeking motivated designers who are excited to grow in this fast-paced field.
As an intermediate designer, you will be deeply involved in project development from schematic design to construction, with significant opportunity for team leadership experience. Working closely with senior staff and principals on each new project, you will receive valuable mentorship from veteran architects as you perfect your craft.
To be an ideal fit for this role, you will come in with a substantial background in retail architecture or experience working with tenant fit-out projects (retail, office, hospitality), permit sets, building permits, and the requirements of commercial landlords. Please carefully consider your experience in these sorts of projects before applying for this role, as it is critical for intermediate architects at OLA to understand them fully and confidently.
OLA works with high-end retail brands in the United States and internationally, and we aim to be the best at what we do. Take a look at our website to see the type of work we offer our clients. If you have a drive to be a part of our vision and the skill set to bring it to life, we want to hear from you!
Due to circumstances related to Covid-19, this position is currently a hybrid work role and will require workers to meet project output standards from home part of the time using a combination of personal and remote PC hardware. Our ideal candidates will be located in New York City or the immediate region, will be able to work in person at our Manhattan office three to four days a week, and will be able to transition into a full-time in-office environment in the future.
OLA's benefits package includes health (with $3K annual HRA account), 401(k) and transit, as well as voluntary dental, vision, and more.
Skills & Experience Required:
- BArch, MArch or equivalent Interior Design degree
- 2-6 years of experience working in an architecture or design firm required. This is not an entry-level position.
- Significant experience with tenant fit-out projects, permit sets, and building permits, and an ability to anticipate commercial landlords' requirements
- MUST have strong drafting skills in both Revit and/or AutoCAD. Revit experience is a major asset for us and we are seeking candidates who have a strong background in Revit construction documents.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- 3D Studio Max & Vray, or Rhino & Vray proficiency a plus (we like to keep rendering projects on these platforms)
- Alternative 3D application experience, please explain in your cover letter
- Must have strong, clear communication and presentation rendering skills.
- Ability to handle fast-paced projects and deadlines
Please submit your reply to: alex@
- Attached resume & portfolio
- Salary requirements - negotiable based on level of experience
If contacted for an interview, please be prepared to show working drawing sets you've put together in addition to your portfolio.
We look forward to meeting you!