Head of Fleet - Treatment & Hazardous Waste
Salary: Competitive salary company car/car allowance, annual performance bonus, healthcare and dental
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: National role
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone. It's why we're looking for someone who's just as committed as we are, to push for genuine change and bring our ambition of Ecological Transformation to life.
We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment, and contribute to our inclusive culture.
What we can offer you;
- Annual performance bonus
- Company car or car allowance
- Access to private medical and dental care
- Ability to flex benefits
- Access to our company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
What will you be doing?
- Working in collaboration with other Heads of Fleet, the wider business and the central fleet function in producing the fleet replacement budget on an annual basis.
- Leading the production of the maintenance budget on an annual basis, working closely with the finance teams, operational business and central fleet.
- Taking the lead role regarding all fleet related matters for new treatment business tenders and acquisitions.
- Leading, coaching, motivating and empowering the team to come forward with ideas to enable them to reach their full potential.
- Taking the lead on effectively maintaining the relationships with key stakeholders including vehicle suppliers.
- Leading the teams to ensure the safety and well being of all employees and those affected by our operations.
- Recognising and developing talent and maintaining employee engagement.
- Championing inclusion in the workplace.
- Managing the treatment Fleet function, and influencing the wider business to accurately manage the input to all Fleet systems.
- Taking the lead role working with the central fleet assets team in specifying and procuring all new assets across the business.
- Leading all aspects of asset maintenance across the treatment division, including internal and external providers in line with budget.
- Delivering efficient, safe and cost effective solutions to support business profitability and growth.
- Driving innovation and change and working with the treatment divisions to deliver our transformation path.
- Providing clear, informed and accurate reporting of business performance.
What are we looking for?
- Strong background in a senior fleet management role.
- Commercial management of own P&L within fleet/operational environment.
- Proven skills in managing in-house workshops and external maintenance suppliers.
- Expert knowledge of road transport legislation and fleet-related health and safety legislation.
- Strong technical background.
- Good business acumen with the ability to communicate at all levels.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout the application process and provide reasonable adjustments where necessary and requested. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application and interview process please do not hesitate to let us know.
Here at Veolia, we're proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.