Job Title: GROUP HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
Job Category: Manufacturing
Salary + Company Car + Benefits
My client is a market leader, with over 40 years experience in their industry & they currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced GROUP HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER to join the team based out of the Rotherham site but covering the Barnsley, Rotherham and Wakefield sites with some additional travel to Installation sites and Group Transport depots.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of all Health and Safety compliance across the Company s activities.
- Monitor and maintain day to day health and safety issues including the compilation of risk assessments, COSHH assessments, and safe systems of work.
- Carry out monthly Health and Safety site audits including housekeeping.
- Investigate accidents and provide accurate and timely information to third parties including consultants, insurers, HSE via RIDDOR.
- Develop and deploy in-house training programs around any new activities, legislation updates and / or updated company procedures.
- Represent the Company at health and safety meetings with internal and external clients.
- Implement and maintain the Company s health and safety management system.
- Manage fork lift truck driver training and ensure license checks are in line with the Company s refresher training procedures.
- Attend the Risk Committee meeting.
- Ensure emergency procedures including fire tests are up to date and safety equipment is regularly tested.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Have a manufacturing background
- Qualified in a relevant discipline
- Experience of conducting risk assessments & site audits
- A full clean UK driving license.
- Previous experience of H&S within a manufacturing company
- Excellent computer skills with reporting skills and an analytical approach.
- A recognised Health and Safety qualification (NEBOSH or similar).
- Excellent communication skills.
The working week will be Monday Thursday 8.00am 4.30pm and Friday 8.00am 3.30pm, with some flexibility when visiting external sites.
This position will be rewarded with a very competitive salary, company vehicle, mobile phone plus other benefits.