I am currently working with well known company within the financial services who are looking for a Grad/Junior level Developer to join them on a permanent basis.
You will be working in an upbeat environment within a first class development team where you will:
- Interpret functional and technical specifications as well as initiate improvements
- Writing code will be a key aspect of the role both under the direction of the project development lead as well as unsupervised
- Collaborate with the development team on a range of projects and initiatives
This opportunity is paying from 55,000 up to 65,000 + benefits depending on level of experience and is offering hybrid working (3 days working from home every 2 weeks).
- At least a 2:1 in computer science or related discipline from a top university
- Ability to communicate, to be able to articulate and explain complex paradigms in simple lay terms
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with other members of the team
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously
- Have an understanding of the financial markets and instruments, Ideally derivatives
Have an excellent technical understanding of:
- Structured Design and Software Engineering, especially OO programming (Python, C#, Java) - MUST
- SQL Databases - MUST
- Relational Databases - MUST
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Operating Systems
- Data Science
- The candidate will be highly numerate with a passion for programming and computer science
- The candidate will preferably have knowledge of the financial markets and must be keen to learn more about Finance
- The candidate will be a confident, numerate, self-starter that will be able to 'hit the ground running'
- The candidate will have an appreciation for good functional design and pleasing user experience
- The candidate will be comfortable exploring, manipulating, combining and authoring datasets