General Carbide Corporation in Greensburg, PA; is looking for Financial Analyst. This position will be responsible for financial support on projects/contracts, assist engineers and management in making business decisions to improve financial performance. The successful candidate must have experience working as a financial/program analyst with a government contractor. They also must have experience in working with program managers to manage the budget/financial forecasts/on a DOD program as well as understanding how to put together overhead and G&A rates and manage indirect cost pools.
This position reports to the CFO and will be responsible for internal financial reporting functions and provide financial analysis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides cost estimates for new task proposals, modifications to existing tasks and task awards initiated.
- Reviews solicitation requirements to aid in determining cost structure and strategies as required.
- Prepares T&M, CPFF or FFP proposals, as necessary.
- Provides guidance on the classification of direct and indirect cost.
- Prepares profitability analysis and highlights potential areas of concern and provides recommendations to assist in increasing profitability as necessary on fixed price and fixed labor rate proposals.
- Provides Budget and Financial analysis and reporting support to assigned contracts and support for Subtasks budget requirements.
- Works closely with PM to ensure accuracy of projections for both contract and fiscal year projections.
- Advises program managers on personnel utilization and encourages interaction between program managers and line managers for optimal direct labor usage.
- Supports management in the development of reliable management tools and applies knowledge/skills/abilities to meet and/or exceed innovation expectations.
- Forecasting and analysis skills; with DoD experience a plus.
- Government Contracts and Solicitations Experience.
- Proactive, able to identify & develop process improvements.
- Assists with bid composition by conducting market analysis and constructing financial proposals.
- Analyzes and constructs project budgets and organizational budgets.
- Maintains financial department policies and procedures as they relate to different projects/contracts ensuring that the company always remains in compliance.
- Managing and analyzing large volumes of financial data.
- Applying analytical and problem-solving techniques to identify financial trends and issues.
- Developing financial analytical reports and presenting that data to the project manager, contracts administrator and management.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 3 to 4 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Familiarity with federal government contracting highly desired.
- Knowledge of financial laws and regulations, including OMB circulars and GAAP.
- Ability to effectively to respond to and interact with multiple levels of the organization.
- Strong spreadsheet modeling skills using Excel is essential.
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.