Walker-Miller Energy Services is a 23-year-old Detroit-based, core-values driven company committed to changing lives through energy efficiency. We create and manage customized energy waste reduction programs that help electric and gas utilities meet mandated energy savings goals.
Our experience driven philosophy of energy efficiency as economic development helps families and businesses save energy and save money. Through innovative, inclusive initiatives, we help build communities by creating local jobs, producing sustainable energy savings for all rate payers, and spurring the growth of diverse local businesses.
Our operating philosophy is reflected in our core values. We refer to them as BEHIVE:
B - Boldly Go
H - Humble Confidence
I - Inclusive Stewardship
V - Value Reputation
E - Extraordinary Experience
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for tracking the company's financial performance against a plan, analyzing business performance and market conditions to create forecasts, and helping senior management make tactical and strategic decisions by providing periodic reports. In this role, you will research and analyze financial information to help the company make well-informed decisions, write reports, and monitor financial movements.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to provide accurate and data-based information on the company's profitability, solvency, stability, and liquidity. This position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive, and energetic style, that exhibits our core values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Embrace and operate within the core values.
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support.
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization.
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards.
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps.
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Statistic or equivalent experience.
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in corporate finance, financial analysis, or other related fields.
- MBAs are preferred.
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively heavy role.
- Familiarity with data query/data management tools (i.e., Access, SQL, Business Objects).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively heavy role
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
Licenses & Certifications:
- FMVA or similar designations preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Noise level is typically moderate.
Note: The physical demand and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principal functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
Walker-Miller Energy Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.