We are seeking an experienced Enterprise Applications Manager to oversee the management, enhancement, deployment, optimisation and transformation of an enterprise applications estate, consisting of over 170 applications, across all functions of the organisation, including Finance, HR, CRM, Project Planning, Scheduling, Ticketing, Resource Planning and more.
This leadership and role will see you delivering against an application roadmap that will involve great levels of automation, efficiency, security and governance. Reporting into the SLT for an organisation now employing over 2,500 people, this role will be both technical and commercial and will see you lead a team of application analysts, who are responsible for change, configuration management, implementation planning, licencing and support.
This role is huge, and ever-growing and will require someone who has the capabilities to oversee multiple disparate systems, some nearing the end of life, some utilising the latest emerging technology. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of professionals, coordinating with various stakeholders, and ensuring the efficient and effective operation of critical enterprise applications that drive all mission-critical operations, some delivering real-time customer information.
1. Application Management: Lead the management and maintenance of critical enterprise applications used, including but not limited to ticketing systems, asset management, scheduling, and customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
2. Team Leadership: Manage and mentor a team of application analysts and developers, fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture within the team. Set clear objectives, provide regular feedback, and encourage professional growth.
3. Project Delivery: Oversee the planning, execution, and delivery of application-related projects, ensuring they are completed within scope, on time, and within budget. Collaborate with cross-functional project management teams to achieve project objectives.
4. System Integration: Facilitate seamless integration of enterprise applications with existing systems and other third-party applications. Ensure data integrity and compliance with industry standards.
5. Vendor Management: Engage and maintain relationships with external vendors and software providers, negotiate contracts, and ensure service level agreements (SLAs) are met.
6. Compliance and Security: Monitor and enforce compliance with relevant industry regulations and security standards, ensuring data protection and privacy. Implement disaster recovery plans and backup procedures for critical applications.
7. Performance Optimisation: Continuously evaluate the performance of enterprise applications, identify areas for improvement, and implement strategies to enhance system efficiency and user experience.
8. Stakeholder Collaboration: Work closely with various internal and external stakeholders, including railway operations, IT, finance, and customer service teams, to understand their requirements and align enterprise applications with business needs.
9. Training and Support: Develop and deliver training programs for end-users to maximize the adoption and proficiency of enterprise applications. Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance when required. 1
10. Technology Evaluation: Stay up-to-date with the latest technology trends, conduct regular assessments of emerging enterprise applications, and make recommendations for potential implementation to improve overall system functionality.
Profile of our ideal candidate
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
2. Proven experience (typically 5+ years) in managing enterprise applications, for a large multi SAAS application enterprise environment
3. Strong leadership and team management skills, with a track record of building and leading high-performing teams.
4. In-depth knowledge of enterprise application systems, database management, and data software development and configuration processes.
5. Project management expertise with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
6. Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
7. Problem-solving mindset and ability to drive innovative solutions to meet business challenges.
8. Experience in vendor management, contract negotiations, and service-level agreement oversight.
9. Understanding of security best practices and compliance requirements in the context of enterprise applications.
10. Availability to travel occasionally to various railway locations for project coordination and stakeholder meetings.
As an Enterprise Applications Manager, you will play a vital role in ensuring the seamless operation of essential systems that power their operations. If you are a dynamic and results-driven professional with a passion for technology and the capability to solve problems, map processes and identify opportunities we invite you to apply and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
It s like that our ideal candidate is working as a Senior Business Analyst, Business Systems Manager, ERP Manager, Application Manager, Application Support Manager, or something similar. Interested in finding out more about before you apply?
Please reach out for a confidential conversation with Simon Bucknell, at EMBS Technology, part of The EMBS Talent Group.