Brief description of the role and responsibilities
An excellent opportunity for an Energy Manager who will work collaboratively with our energy and operational management teams on designated client energy accounts in public and private sectors supporting customers decarbonisation targets and net zero strategies.
The purpose of the role is to be the dedicated point of contact for energy and carbon management across several Facilities Management contracts within the business.
Main duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Ensure effective management of energy, carbon and utilities to meet client objectives and contractual requirements.
- Drive forward energy efficiency and zero carbon management programmes by identifying, developing and implement new energy related opportunities and technologies.
- Provide first line management of the BMS System across the portfolio and manage supply partner relationships for building management systems (BMS) and where appropriate, utility providers.
- Drive engagement programmes, collaboration and initiatives which promote energy and carbon reduction strategies.
- Keep up to date and promote best in class energy optimisation and low carbon technologies, initiatives and legislation.
- Promote exemplar energy and carbon management and provide advice and support to contract leads and clients for the continuous improvement of energy management practices / solutions.
- Proactively support the business in delivering our Energy and Carbon Management Services across key clients.
- Provide strategic support to Project Managers on M&E & Fabric project works, and complete post installation analysis on ROI / Energy Usage.
- Manage all aspects of client reporting, including consumption trending, client specific reports and ongoing accreditation applications.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years' experience in energy management
- Chartered Energy Manager, or can demonstrate working towards this qualification.
- Customer focused, experience of operating within the Facilities Management workplace
- Extensive working knowledge of BMS and control theory.
- Competency in current benchmark techniques and statistical analysis
- A clear understanding of mechanical, electrical and building fabric engineering systems not limited to heating, lighting, chiller, AHU and building fabric services
- Capable of preparing fully costed energy efficiency proposals and reports
- Ability to carry out full energy surveys and feasibility studies of energy technologies
- Strong and effective communicator with established relationship building skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Client focused and professional with the requisite skills to establish and maintain relationships
- A self-motivated person who is target driven and possesses the ability to work on their own initiative
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently in a pressurised environment
Hours and Environment
This position will be based from one of the regional offices in Chester however the role holder will be required to travel to other offices and client sites on a regular basis throughout the North of UK on adhoc basis
Core working hours for this position are from 8am until 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
If the Energy Manager role is of interest, please contact Ben at HVAC FM or click to apply