Senior / Electrical Design Engineer - Building Services /MEP
35k to 60k + excellent benefits package South Oxfordshire
Consultancy / Building Services / Electrical Design Engineer / Electrical Engineer / Senior Electrical Design Engineer
This role is to join a highly successful boutique firm of consulting engineers, specialising in mechanical, electrical, and public health (MEP) engineering.
Truly people focussed, with a great working environment, this consultancy work on some high-profile projects with leading architects, designers and contractors and have an excellent reputation for delivering quality and reliable services.
If you want to work in a friendly supportive team, then this is a great company to build your career with! - Apply today to find out more about their culture and working practices, and how they could benefit your career.
- Detailed design drawings with a specialisation in electrical system design, equipment selection and drawing production.
- Preparing technical specifications and schedules and design development reports.
- Carry out detailed design calculations and using a range of computer design packages.
- Plan and manage CAD documentation of design work.
- Advising clients on how to reduce energy use through engineering design and specification.
- Working with design teams including architects, structural engineers, quantity surveyors and specialist consultants
- Maintain a sustainable design approach.
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Taking responsibility for your workload and projects
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Previous experience of electrical engineering within building services design.
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering.
- Provide evidence of experience and understanding of design in buildings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process and need for co-ordination with other design disciplines.
- Have an understanding and preferably experience of sustainable design and low energy buildings.
- Possess a good understanding of the commercial factors which affect design solutions.
- Possess an understanding of the relevant and current British and industry standards.
- You will be keen to develop your design skills further.