Our client is a design and environmental practice who specialise in landscape architecture, urban design, landscape planning, arboriculture, ecology, biodiversity net gain and GIS. Due to gaining new contracts and a desire to grow the business they are looking to recruit a talented Ecologist based in there in Manchester practice with UK project coverage.
You will play a crucial role in conducting ecological surveys, assessments, and research to support various environmental projects. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to conservation efforts, habitat restoration, and sustainable development initiatives in the UK.
- Conduct ecological surveys, including habitat assessments, vegetation surveys, and wildlife monitoring, in compliance with relevant legislation and guidelines.
- Collect and analyze data related to biodiversity, ecosystems, and environmental conditions.
- Prepare detailed ecological reports and assessments, including Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs), Habitat Regulations Assessments (HRAs), and Ecological Appraisals.
- Provide ecological expertise and recommendations to clients, project managers, and regulatory authorities to ensure project compliance with environmental regulations and best practices.
- Develop and implement mitigation measures and ecological enhancement plans to minimize the impact of development activities on ecosystems and species of conservation concern.
- Participate in habitat restoration and conservation projects, including the design and implementation of habitat management plans.
- Stay up-to-date with current ecological research, conservation strategies, and legislative changes related to ecology and biodiversity in the UK.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including environmental consultants, engineers, and planners, to integrate ecological considerations into project designs.
- Assist in public engagement and education initiatives to raise awareness of local biodiversity and conservation efforts.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations while conducting fieldwork.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in ecology, environmental science, biology, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in ecological survey techniques, data collection, and analysis.
- Knowledge of UK biodiversity, ecosystems, and environmental legislation.
- Proficiency in using ecological software and tools for data analysis (e.g., GIS, statistical software).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to prepare comprehensive ecological reports and communicate findings to diverse audiences.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- A valid UK driving license and willingness to travel to field sites as required.
- Membership in relevant professional organizations (e.g., Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management) is a plus.
Salary / Package details:
- Hybrid working options
- Negotiable, competitive salary + annual bonus
- Life assurance cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- Flexible working hours
- Professional fees paid
- Professional development scheme
- Sponsored further education, additional formal qualifications
- 28 days holiday + standard bank holidays etc
- Other benefits to be discussed