Forbes List of America s Best Employers 2022
Move forward with us! At NJ TRANSIT, you'll be joining us in transforming the third-largest transportation agency in North America. We are committed to delivering safe, reliable service that gets our customers to their destinations on time-and we're looking to hire talented folks with a love of learning to make it all possible.
Responsible to facilitate all facets of NJ TRANSIT's statewide complementary paratransit eligibility process for Access Link eligibility.
Right now, we are looking for a Deputy Chief, Construction Management (Portal North Bridge) to join our team.
The Deputy Chief of Construction Management will lead and manage critical Project Management and Construction Management activities during the Construction Phase of a Major Capital Construction Project. Activities will include, but not limited to, preparing and delivering presentations to the executive leadership and key stakeholders on progress and issues, managing the project controls and design support during construction teams, third party coordination, and other activities as directed by the Chief of Construction Management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, review, update and maintain the Project Management Plan and all subplans for the project.
- Establish Schedule and Cost Control for the construction contract. Manage the project control system and timely address schedule and cost variances with the contractor.
- Provide technical and contractual expertise in the administration of capital construction contracts.
- Review the contractors preliminary schedule and approve to establish a baseline schedule for the project. Review monthly schedule updates.
- Track project performance against the baseline.
- Assess progress of accepted work and certify contractor and consultant invoices.
- Reviews, provides recommendations, and processes Claims, Change Orders, and value engineering change proposals.
- Participates in the negotiation of claims and change orders.
- Use in-house budget, schedule and procurement systems for tracking and forecasting schedule and budget.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports to the Federal Transit Administration.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on progress and issues to NJ Transit Executive Management Team.
- Deliver presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the Design Services During Construction (DSDC) Contract,
- Coordinate with project team to continuously monitor and forecast the schedule and budget for force account and roadway worker protection.
- Coordinates with NJ TRANSIT Rail Operations to schedule construction activity along rail lines.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a US Department of Education accredited college or university, and ten years of applied progressively responsible experience in project management and construction supervision of major railroad construction projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of complex bridge construction, contract administration, contract law, claims and change orders, Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling, budgeting and project control systems on railroad projects is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- NJ Professional Engineering License desired
- Project Management Professional (PMP) desired
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM) desired.
At NJ Transit you will enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefit package:
- Comprehensive Family Health Insurance - Prescription, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- 401(a), 401(k) Retirement Plans - up to 9% employer contribution
- Tuition Assistance
- Qualified Transportation Expense Plan (QTE)
At NJ TRANSIT we support and depend upon the diversity of our staff. NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.