Travel Trade Recruitment are delighted to be working with our Edinburgh based client who is looking for a French/Spanish/Italian Speaking Customer Service Ops Executive to join their team looking after their Mediterranean markets. This is a great opportunity for someone who has previous experience working in a similar position within an inbound tour operator.
The ideal candidate should have the following quality and key skills:
- Language skills: Fluency in English and ideally one foreign language (Spanish, Italian or French)
- Experience: a minimum of 1 year of experience in a UK inbound operator in a group role.
- Knowledge: good knowledge of the UK as a destination. knowledge of rates and current market prices.
- Communication: the ability to be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Energy: you enjoy the buzzing energy of the travel industry and you are willing to invest time and effort to achieve your goals. You want to grow professionally and succeed in your job within the travel trade.
- Flexibility: to be able to adapt to fast changing situations and being open to new ideas and projects.
- Problems solving: you are able to identify and analyse an/a existing/potential problem and find suitable solutions for each situation.
- Teamwork: you are a team worker, but you are also able to work individually.
- Trust: you know your strengths as well as your opportunities to improve
- Organizational skills: great attention to detail and speed working under pressure. Ability to work in compliance with deadlines and prioritizing key concrete opportunities first.
The Role of a Customer Service Ops Executive:
- To assume the responsibility of booking all services for our clients pending and confirmed groups in good time and making sure all details are correct prior to the group/event arrival.
- To build relationships with all suppliers and ensure that you have excellent knowledge of any services that are offered.
- To negotiate and try to place/buy under budget where possible, in order to increase the margin, without compromising on quality.
- To understand and negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers in cooperation with the placing team, in order to match clients' needs.
- To learn and constantly keep updated the operations software for each group, retaining clear files with all important documentations for each group.
- To send invoices to clients on time and ensure that all payments are made within time guidelines and always prior to the group arrival, except for client that have credit.
- To liaise with accounts and make sure that term and conditions for payment are respected both by client and from our part towards suppliers, as per agreements.
- To ensure all your files are kept in a organized manner that enables others to cover for you if the need arises.
- To hold the emergency phone when required on a rota basis with other colleagues in the team
- To prepare and double check rooming lists and vouchers, keeping the Operating System up to date as well as suppliers and clients.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible working hours
- Great benefits
Click to apply or contact Nichola on (phone number removed) or (url removed)