Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Progress Lighting, a Strategic Business Unit of Hubbell, is one of the leading sources for residential and retail lighting with thousands of fixtures to meet the needs of any project. Our team is proud of the quality, stylish products that we provide to customers across multiple industries including retail stores, e-commerce stores, single family homes, and multi-family homes.
Culture matters to us at Progress Lighting! We fully support work-life balance and have created an environment with flexible and hybrid work options. We value and welcome individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities, always encouraging people to bring their whole self to work.
701 Millennium Blvd; Greenville, SC 29607
This position a) leads data-driven and strategic identification, implementation, and execution of improvements in the Customer Service organization to elevate the overall value proposition of the organization, b) manages a team of customer service representatives, and c) manages various operational processes associated with providing best-in-class customer interactions.
This role will partner with Sales, Pricing, Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing and other functional teams to accelerate business performance by supporting effective communication and transaction resolution with our customers and sales organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Skills And Experience
- Define, develop and maintain Customer Service business processes, procedures and work instructions in compliance with business and corporate requirements.
- Manage and develop a team of various customer service support staff. Maintain best-in-class customer relations
- Develop tools and manage processes to collect market feedback from external sources, product management, marketing, and sales team to identify market trends & opportunities and recommend and ensure best-in-class customer service
- Utilize data-driven and strategic insights to implement process improvements to enhance service and improve productivity. Develop reports that aid Customer Service and Sales Support personnel and / or the field sales organization to improve service to our customers. Create engaged customers and facilitate growth.
- Improves customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes. Develop insights and recommend thoughtful strategic and tactical actions to improve key customer service metrics and internal profitability.
- Manage escalation calls from Territory Managers, District Managers, Distributors, Agents, Warehouse and Plant Production personnel and End Users who have issues that go beyond the scope of the Customer Service Representatives' authority or capability. Provide reliable, prompt and courteous communications to our internal and external customers.
- Requires 5+ years of customer service or commercial excellence experience
- Requires 3+ years of people management of team (up to 10)
- 3+ years of experience with SAP, including order and customer management
- Demonstrated project management skillset, with capability to concurrently manage multiple initiatives concurrently
- Experience with Power BI business intelligence tool, including experience in database skills with specific knowledge of Power BI, Excel (pivot tables, complex formulae, and mathematics)
Bachelors Degree in Business
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.