The Construction Superintendent (CS) will perform the day-to-day team leadership and oversight for all project-specific requirements from mobilization to close out. This high-performance individual will assume overall responsibility for the successful completion of assigned projects within allotted time and budget. The CS will answer to the Project Manager (PM) while overseeing subcontractors and work force teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively coordinate all subcontractors' work efforts, vendors/materials, scheduling, and budgets during the mobilization, construction, and closeout phases of assigned projects.
- Plan procedures for construction, ensuring start and finish times, safety, quality, and staffing/subcontractor requirements for each phase of the project are met.
- Confirm and oversee all city inspections while being familiar with local building code enforcement and inspectors, and resolving conflicts or issues throughout the project.
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment, inspect work throughout the project's progress to ensure workmanship and materials conform to plan and work letter specifications.
- Adhere to construction schedules, track job costs, and notify PM to complete back-charges, if any.
- Work through Client and Subcontractor Change Order [CO] requests by completing field CO forms, requesting and processing pricing from subcontractors, and submitting draft CO for PM to review, approve, and submit to client.
- Prepare and submit daily reports on progress, materials used, punch lists, pictures, and schedule adjustments before leaving the job site each day.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Previous commercial construction superintendent experience
- Highly organized with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have understanding of construction terms, scheduling, and planning concepts
- Strong leadership qualities
- Able to work in fast-paced, environment dealing with multiple team members
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Own hand tools and ability to perform basic construction tasks and cleaning
- Experience using Construction Management Software is required
About the company:
At Taylor Construction we are committed to both quality and community. Our projects are based on a solid foundation of integrity, commitment, and constant communication. Whether we're working with our big brand partners or building custom family homes, Taylor Construction goes above and beyond to assure that each space becomes the clients' vision realized.
- Taylor Construction is a family owned business specializing in both single-use and multi-tenant spaces. Our commercial projects range from restaurants to offices to retail as well as some residential projects. Taylor Construction's projects include build-outs, ground-up projects, and emergency maintenance. For more information please go to nstruction.