DDG is currently seeking a Civil CAD Designer to join our team. The CAD Designer will be responsible for efficiently producing site civil engineering and/or land development design plans. This position reports to the Civil Design Manager or Project Manager and works closely with the civil engineers, CAD designers, and CAD Technicians. The Civil CAD Designer position plays an important role in our engineering teams to produce well thought-out designs and quality drawing packages needed to control project construction and deliver critical solutions for our clients.
Activities + Responsibilities
- Efficiently develops civil designs and produces site civil engineering and/or land development design plans including drainage, grading, water, wastewater, signage and marking plans for industrial, commercial, and residential site development.
- Development and plotting of maps showing topographical contours, elevations, profiles, and cross-sections Produce plan-profile drawings for public infrastructure improvement projects.
- Prepare drainage calculations, cut, and fill calculations.
- Visualize and plan the geographic representation of designs for land development related projects including industrial, commercial, and municipal.
- Respect and work efficiently within the budgetary constraints established by the Project Manager.
- Understand and integrate: DDG CAD Standards, clarity and accuracy of documents, and applicable design criteria.
- Ensures that drawings meet expected production design goals.
- Travel up to 30% of the week and perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Be able to identify and seek needed information/research skills.
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and other Autodesk tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed oriented
- Technical Certificate or Associate's Degree from a computer-aided-drafting program/school
- Experience in commercial land development, including site improvement design, drainage, utilities, grading, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in civil land-based CAD drafting and the latest AutoCAD software.
- Operation of CAD workstations, plotters, printers, and other associated equipment to support the preparation of designs for engineering projects.