Immediate start available
Challenge-trg Recruitment is currently looking for a Hospital Chef/Cook to work in the Cwmbran area.
Your pay rate as a Chef/Cook:
£11.67 per hour rising to £12.45 per hour post 12 weeks, overtime rates available.
Your duties include:
You will be responsible for cooking food in the hospital kitchen making sure all patients and staff have highly nutritious, high-quality food. You'll work with the catering manager to make sure that food and drink is nutritious and appetising. The food must meet patients' needs.
Additional duties as a Chef/Cook will include:
- Planning meals and menus
- Preparing food, using various kitchen equipment
- Storing food correctly
- Making sure as little as possible is wasted
- Working as a part of the catering team
- Making sure that meal choices reflect the preferences and dietary requirements
- Supervising kitchen assistants
Our ideal candidate as a Chef/Cook:
- Interested in food and cooking
- Willing to work in hot, noisy conditions
- Physically fit for standing, moving and lifting
- Flexible and adaptable
- Keen to provide good customer service
Additional necessities as a Chef/Cook:
- Awareness of food hygiene and food safety
- Team working skills
- Organisational skills
- Level 2 - 3 Food Safety Certificate required.
- NVQ 2 chef in a kitchen preferable
- All candidates are subject to DBS check.
Candidates are expected to work up to 37 hours p/w between Monday and Sunday (5 out of 7). Flexibility across different hospital locations would be an advantage (Newport and Pontypool). Own transport is essential for this role.
Click apply now for an immediate start as a Chef/Cook!