Would you like to work in a business which is critical to UK defence, UK Threat reduction and the UK's Nuclear deterrent?
This is a site-based role in the Reading / Berkshire area so no requirement to travel large distances as part of your day-to-day business.
You will work on a variety of cutting-edge instrumentation and control systems within a highly regulated and diverse environment which will develop and hone your current skill set. Your main responsibilities will be the servicing, repairing and installation of plant and equipment critical to safety and enabling production
Salary: c. 35,000 (dependent on experience) + allowances = Gross salary normally in excess of 40,000 (plus On-Call allowance and Over time)
Closing Date: 22nd June 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading planned maintenance tasks and breakdowns on site control and instrumentation systems. Included but not restricted to; Pressure, flow, temperature, level, pneumatic, PLC's and control systems.
- Working on Functional safety systems which include Safety Integrated Systems (SIS) and Safety Integrity level (SIL) equipment
- Implement safe systems of work and work instructions, demonstrating understanding, competence, and adherence to all relevant legislative and company standards within area of responsibility
- Demonstrating the business behaviours and be a professional and effective communicator to Customers, stakeholders and other members of your team
- To undertake technical investigations and generate reports to support modifications, abnormal events or design reviews
- Aide with extra tasks such as install, commissioning and capital projects where required.
- May need to provide support for On-Call Rota to maintain systems 24/7 (Allowances to conduct this work)
To be considered for these roles, you must have an engineering apprenticeship with a minimum NVQ/Diploma Level 3 in a relevant technical discipline or relevant NVQ/Diploma level 2 plus industrial experience.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work complete specific training to work in designated areas of site