Job Title: Buyer
Salary: Depending on Experience
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
You are responsible for purchasing goods and services for the company to use or sell.
This position requires research and the ability to negotiate with suppliers, have an awareness of inventory impacts, and evaluation of goods and services.
Source and order quality materials at competitive prices and lead times to meet Manufacturing and Service departments requirements, whilst supporting our company values.
What you'll do:
- Place orders and contracts at the right price and quality to meet the MRP production schedule.
- Check and upload acknowledgements following order placement.
- Progress and reschedule orders to meet build demand.
- Expedite purchase orders. Run overdue order reports and send to suppliers, progress information.
- Provide accurate delivery information to Production Control or other departments developing JIT practices.
- Update EFACS with prices/lead times/confirmed delivery dates.
- Support and drive cost reduction activity through negotiation, resourcing, supplier reduction and benchmarking.
- Review Supplier Performance - identification, evaluation, and management of suppliers.
- Ensure Invoice queries are minimised but resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with all business regulatory requirements.
What we are looking for:
- Either holds or working towards a CIPS qualification, is desirable.
- Previous purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment will be considered favourably.
- Comprehensive knowledge of purchasing practices and policies and an understanding of commercial law.
- Excellent communicator both with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in close team environment.
- Good negotiator, persuasive and commercially astute.
- Ability to prepare and present numerical and narrative records.
- Experience in ERP Systems, MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word.
Please note - The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company's business.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Procurement Officer, Procurement Advisor, purchasing manager, Procurement Manager, Senior Buyer, Purchasing, Supply Chain Coordinator, Procurement Executive, Supply Chain Manager, Purchaser, may also be considered for this role.