Position: Press Setter
Salary - Open
Proactive currently have an exciting opportunity for a Press Setter to begin work for a leading manufacturing and production business in Amersham.
Due to rapid company expansion and an ever growing order book, our client is hoping to recruit at least one additional Press Setter to help ensure the quality and accuracy of the factory's function is well maintained throughout this new and excited influx of work.
You will be responsible for:
- To set up tooling in the power and hydraulic presses to produce formed metal parts. To position and align the press tools on the press bed, fit clamps, adjust the press shut-height and stroke, and to set the running parameters for the equipment feeding the coil of strip metal.
- To monitor the press if it is to run automatically in 'continous' mode, or operate the press and produce parts if the press is to be used for a single-stroke, 2nd operation job. To ensure guards are fitted correctly and the machines are run in a safe manner.
- To produce sample 'first off' parts, and carry out inspection checks using a vernier and in-house gauges. To carry out periodic quality assurance checks during production runs.
- To change over material coils and component collection stillages during production runs as necessary.
- To complete relevant paperwork as necessary.
- Experience with power presses and/or hydraulic presses is desirable, but if lacking that then experience of other jobs using setting and measuring skills is required.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with a copy of your CV & a member of our team will be in touch to discuss the opportunity with you in further detail.
How to Apply:
For more information on the role, or an informal discussion regarding opportunities we have available, please contact Charley McCleave on (phone number removed) or (url removed) .
Why work with Proactive?
Proactive Global is an industry leading, specialist engineering recruitment agency focused on the automation, manufacturing and robotics sectors. We offer specialist recruitment services to a niche customer base, vetting that our clients offer the best opportunities for your career. Proactive encourages and promotes equality and diversity within the workforce. We act with honesty, integrity and impartiality, ensuring your application is considered on its own merits and without bias.
When registering with Proactive you will have the opportunity to apply for some of the most interesting, specialist, opportunities in the marketplace, with the biggest companies in the sector. Follow us on Linkedin and Facebook for industry news and download our app for live notifications about newly listed vacancies. We look forward to helping you find your next role!
Proactive Global is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.