Job Title: Secondary School Behavior Mentor
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Position Type: Full-Time
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of young people? Do you have a knack for guiding students towards better behavior and helping them overcome challenges? If so, we invite you to join one of the many fantastic secondary schools in Coventry.
We are seeking a dedicated and motivated Behavior Mentor to work closely with our students, helping them to develop better behavior, self-regulation skills, and interpersonal relationships. As a Behavior Mentor, you will play a vital role in creating a positive and supportive learning environment where students can thrive academically and personally.
- Provide one-on-one and group mentoring sessions for students to address behavior and social-emotional challenges.
- Implement and monitor behavior intervention plans for individual students.
- Collaborate with teachers, counselors, and parents to develop and implement strategies to support student success.
- Conduct assessments to identify students' specific needs and tailor interventions accordingly.
- Foster a safe and inclusive school environment by promoting respect and positive relationships among students.
- Act as a role model and mentor for students, promoting positive values and behaviors.
- Document and maintain records of mentoring sessions and student progress.
- Attend staff meetings and professional development sessions as required.
- Assist in the development and implementation of school-wide behavior support programs.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in education, psychology, counseling, or a related field.
- Experience working with adolescents and addressing behavior challenges in an educational setting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empathetic, patient, and able to build trust with students.
- Knowledge of behavior management strategies and intervention techniques.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team of educators and support staff.
- A commitment to promoting a positive school culture and fostering student success.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Opportunities for professional development and growth.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Access to comprehensive benefits, including health and retirement plans.
If you are passionate about helping young people succeed, have the skills and dedication to make a difference, and want to be part of a dynamic educational community in Coventry, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.