Do you have any finance experience and seeking an NHS role in the Newtownards Area, if so then ready on!
Brook Street UK LTD is currently seeking a band 5 Finance Officer for our Public Sector client in the Newtownards area. This is for an initial period of 9 months, with the possibility of extension.
At Band 5 Level:
- To liaise with, and meet with senior Trust staff in order to assist with their understanding of budgets or to assist with any related queries.
- Assist with the annual budget setting process within agreed guidelines and timetables, and helping to ensure that they reflect the Trust s financial strategy and income profile.
- Assist the Band 7 Finance Officer in contributing to the development of cash releasing efficiency plans, recovery plans and contingency plans for the directorate.
- Support the Finance Manager in the early identification of threats to the financial stability of the Trust by highlighting risks within the directorate and agreeing rectification measures to ensure breakeven is achieved.
- To assist in developing the use of financial systems, reporting and enquiry tools and working methods to advance the quality and efficiency of Financial Management information.
- To deal with ad hoc reporting and enquiries as required by Senior Finance Managers and other senior Trust staff.
- Criteria for Application:
1 University degree and 2 years suitable relevant financial experience
or, AAT/HND qualified and 2 years suitable relevant financial experience
or, Part Qualified with one of the CCAB recognised bodies and 1 years suitable relevant financial experience
or, 3 years suitable relevant financial experience at Band 4 level
2 Excellent written and verbal communication with a range of stakeholders
3 Competent at Microsoft Excel, ability to manipulate large volumes of data, wide range of functions and then provide analysis on this data
4 Confident with accounting principles - accruals, prepayments etc.
5 Ideally, experience in management accounts, investigating variances,
6 Ability to manage workload to meet department deadlines
Hours of work are Monday to Friday , with a rate of pay is 13.84 per hour and will be paid on a weekly basis
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV or call the office on (phone number removed) and ask for Siobhan Hanna
Our client would like to get the successful candidate started immediately so apply today!