Accountancy Practice Manager/Partner
Our client is a highly successful independent firm of Chartered Accountants. It is seeking to recruit a qualified ACA or ACCA, who, depending on experience, could join as a Manager or Partner Designate or Salaried Partner.
The role would be
- Day to day running the Office of alongside the other Partner.
- Monitoring of the office bank accounts and overseeing credit control of portfolio.
- Responsible for overseeing work in progress and billing for all clients within his/her portfolio.
- Attending regular Partner s Meetings to discuss current performance and implement the overall strategy of the firm moving forward.
- Preparation of monthly and annual budgets for a portfolio; systematic review of financial performance and KPI s against budgeted figures and adopting strategies for improvement.
- Training and development of staff, including staff appraisals and annual performance and salary reviews with another partner.
- Mentoring staff throughout their professional qualification exams and associated professional development.
- Recruitment - attending interviews and making decisions on new hirings and remuneration packages.
- Sole responsibility for overseeing portfolio of clients, consisting of Sole Trader and Partnerships to Small and Medium Limited Companies and Groups.
- First point of contact for clients for advice on all areas of taxation and tax planning, and providing guidance and support in all areas of business on an ad hoc basis.
- Senior Statutory Auditor responsible for managing, overseeing and leading audit assignments for clients within a portfolio.
- Responsible Individual on audit assignments, signing off the subsequent audit file and report in the financial statements.
- Assisting clients with due diligence assignments for acquisitions and disposals of businesses.
- Preparation and review of business valuations for clients.
- Preparation and review of financial forecasts, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow forecasts for clients.
- Final review of accounts, audit, corporate and personal tax computations, VAT, management accounts, payroll and P11d s prepared by staff.
- Payment of monthly staff wages and pension submissions for larger clients.
- Responsibility for ensuring that accounts are compliant with the relevant accounting frameworks, and that relevant disclosures are correctly reported and filed.
- Preparation and review of consolidated financial statements.
- Review suitability of software packages in use by clients, providing advice on improvements that can be made, and ultimately providing hands on guidance and training to implement the systems effectively.
- Responsible for all filing deadlines for clients within your portfolio.
- Preparation and ultimate submission of all Confirmation Statements, Persons of Significant Control Registers and other Companies House filings.
- Representing the firm at various networking events, with an emphasis on obtaining new business for the firm.
- Preparing quotes and pitching the firm to potential new clients.
Salary Negotiable-£50K to £100K + Excellent benefits